Shannon C. Poore, J.D. is one of the founding partners of Batch Poore & Williams, PC. Her primary practice areas are juvenile law, family law, guardianship and adoptions. Mrs. Poore represents parents in the abuse, neglect and dependency court room when DSS has filed a petition to take custody of one’s children. She defends termination of parental rights actions as well as files them against parents. Shannon is a nationally certified Child Welfare Law Specialist and practices in all facets of family law, ranging from child custody actions, to child support.
Ms. Poore received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology from North Carolina State University. She concentrated on criminal justice courses. Ms. Poore has worked in various areas of the legal field for 20+ years as a legal assistant to paralegal and now attorney.
Ms. Poore received her Juris Doctor from the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University. While attending Campbell University, Ms. Poore worked as a legal researcher in the school’s law library.
Mrs. Poore loves spending time reading, traveling and spending time with her three exuberant daughters and husband.
Areas of Practice:
- Child Protective Services Law
- Family Law
- Guardianships/Special Proceedings
- Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Buies Creek, North Carolina, J.D.
- North Carolina State University, B.A.
Affiliations and Activities:
- Board Certified Child Welfare Law Specialist by the North Carolina Bar Association
- Certified Child Welfare Law Specialist by the National Association of Counsel for Children
- Wake County Abuse, Neglect, and Dependency Rules Committee member
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- Certified Parent Coordinator
- Parent Representation training committee co-chair
- Child Welfare and Juvenile Court Collaboration Committee member
- Improving Permanency Outcomes Committee member
- Co-chair social worker training committee
- Wake County Bar Association
- NACC member
- Wake Women’s Attorney Association
- St. Francis of Assisi member
- Past Moot Court Co-Facilitator Raleigh Charter High School
- Junior Women’s League of Smithfield Member
- Judge for Moot Court preliminary rounds, October, 2017
- Judge for National Negotiation Competition, Campbell Law School, March, 2018
- Current Board Member for Art from Scars
- Current Board Member for The Leadership Project
You must be logged in to post a comment.